Sunday, March 28, 2004

Fuckin' English Majors

Holy shit. NEVER EVER EVER give out your email address, you never know when it's going to bite you in the ass. I did a project with a group of people two years ago and gave them my address to get ahold of me, send me info, etc. So today one of the guys from the group decides to put me on his msn list. His hotmail address wasn't a name or anything so I just added him thinking that he was a friend, or an acquaintence (yes I am aware, I can't spell).

So I ask who it was and he gave me a name - Jonathan Smith (original), he procedes to tell me that he "found" my email address and then asks how I know him and says that he's glad to have my email and obviously I had given it to him for a reason. I'm an honest person so I said, I don't know you and I also don't randomly give out my email address. He starts naming off faculties at UPEI asking what my major is, where I hang out, was I at NSO this year - yang yang yang. Do I hang out in the English lounge, who do I know that does blah blah. Do I shop at Indigo what books have I ordered recently if any.

Once he said Indigo, I knew he was a guy from a project I did (a long fucking time ago). And so I bring this up and he denies ever taking that course and no he's never done a project on this particular author. I am damn sure of a creepy guy named Jonathan that I did a project with. Denies the whole thing. Says to me "I obviously have this email for a reason."

My reply "yeah for the Munro project. How many times do I have to tell you that I don't give out my email address to random people unless it was for a school project (I said that about seven times)."

Creepy Guy "Oh well I found it in my room and I know it must be for something I hope I'm not creeping you out."

Amber = tired and cranky. Amber does not like liars. Amber just got off work where she was shit on all day by her cranky boss.

Amber - "actually, you ARE creeping me out. Normal people would have just thrown the email out if they didn't recognize it instead of adding the person to their msn first thing. It is very lame to try and pick up on messenger: I hope this is a lesson learned. Please try not to cry too much when you find yourself blocked and deleted. FYI I don't even live on PEI and you've wasted much of my and your time."

Since I'm so smart, I blocked and deleted Bob.

creepy guy - "I'm going to block you"

Amber "good one"

So then I blocked and deleted the proper parties and sent a panic stricken email to Bob asking how I can undelete and unblock him, but I figured it out.

Jonathan Smith, you are a prime example of why I, as an English major myself, will never step foot in the English lounge. Almost the whole faculty is as fucked up in the head as you are. Get a fucking life, you are the reason I am most hesitant about telling people what I spend thousands of dollars on each year.

As for me, I am now Amber Geddes the non-English major/French Lit. minor. That's right, I'm one up on ya, I can read in TWO languages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home