Tuesday, March 02, 2004

A day late and a dollar short

Time flies when you have no job...

I have started a new book which is pretty darn good so far. It's called Clan of the Cavebear by Jean M. Auel. It's part one of a part four series. It's all about the evolution of mankind, the characters are very primitive although I'm not sure at which stage. They use rocks for knives and no metal, so if you're into that kind of thing, it's a good read. Good fiction for Anthro kids.

I'm also reading another book called Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck. I love John Steinbeck. This one is a book he wrote after driving all over the USA with his dog, Charley. He meets up with some French Canadians for about a chapter and has nothing but great things to say, so even though the book is about Americans, I still like it. The way that Mr. Steinbeck describes scenery and landscapes is what attracted me to the book in the first place and what is my favorite part still.

Can you not tell that I've always wanted to be one of those kids on at the end of Reading Rainbow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home