Thursday, July 24, 2003

Amber's Book Club

I've read a few books this summer and I thought that I would share with you incase you're feeling literate.

Fool's Errand Robin Hobb - Found out that this was written by a girl and almost didn't want to read it. It's book one of a trilogy (The Tawny Man Series) that follows my favorite Fantasy trilogy ever. You'll have to read the Farseer Trilogy to understand this book. Sorry.

Life of Pi Yann Martel - Kind of adventure-esque, kind of boring as hell. There's one character in the book that claims that the story of Pi Patel will "make you believe in God." Didn't work. Although it moved really slowly, it was a good read.

The Four Agreements - A Toltec Wisdom Book Don Miguel Ruiz - This is a self-help/personal growth book. I enjoyed it, and I'm glad that I read it. I learned all about the four agreements; be impeccable with your word, don't take anything personally, don't make assumptions, and always do your best. If everyone in the world were to read this book, a lot more people would be happy.

Fight Club Chuck Palahnuik - First rule of fight club, don't talk about fight club.

The Rum Diary Hunter S. Thompson - Depressing fiction, not as bad as Fight Club, but it made me want to get out of San Juan and better myself at then end.

If you're looking for a quick read, check out Fight Club or The Rum Diary. The Four Agreements is short, but requires a lot of thought. More reviews on the way, my goal is to finish at least one book each week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home