Thursday, August 22, 2002

HA

Sometimes I catch myself saying the stupidest things, it's usually when I'm not paying attention to a question and the reply that I unconsciously come up with that really makes me laugh. Here is an example:

I was reading a post by Rob Walker and it had to do with his appreciation for the English language. I also love the language, and French too. Literature is great. Anyhow, it was a post dated August 15, I believe. While I was sucked into the words on the page Bob asks, "What are you reading?"

My ever brilliant reply was, "It doesn't matter, he's just a really good writer." And then I started laughing. I can be such a moron. I don't even know what the hell the post was about now. I've really got to work on this paying attention thing. It's really hard when you just sit back and appreciate the nicely crafted sentences and then afterword, not know what the hell you've just read. It's something I should consider working on before school starts. Damn, that's why I've been failing. Oh well, better to learn entering my second and a half-year instead of my fourth, or not at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home