Saturday, March 31, 2001

I think that I have caught the Dirty Dozen's appology bug

Oh dirty dozen, you never cease to amaze me. I was in a happy morning mood so I decided to read the quote master’s quotes to put me in a super duper mood for the day.
And then I saw the entries of Jeff and Taylor.

Jeff, please understand that I was acting quite immature and out of character. Although I was using rather loud and furious tones, I am sorry. Understand that I would be one of the first or second people at the scene, should you get mutilated, with my ninety-nine cent sewing kit to sew your throat back up and your ears back on. I would not be the first person to arrive as I have no car and wherever you were, I would have to walk. Also, I don’t know the streets of Charlottetown very well, but my intention is nothing but good and whole hearted.

When one’s friend is threatened with mutilation, that shouldn’t be funny; however, the reaction on the face of the friend is what kills me. I suppose you could say that I have a sick sense of humour. Apart from my great sense of humour, I am also quite a realistic person who strongly believes that a self-proclaimed mutilator is not so tough. It is to me that that person cries about lost love and hurt feelings. I really wasn’t scared for your life; I just wanted you to leave me alone.

Leave me alone, you ask? I have the attention span equivalent to that of a five-year-old child. Constant badgering gets old fast. I love my hometown, and don’t get me wrong, (I hate to mention this) but Charlottetown is constantly growing on me and goddammit, I love this town too. Not only do I miss my beloved homeland, I miss my friends and family too. That should be quite easily understandable. I am very defensive of everything that is dear to me and I know that you are as well. I actually don’t know if you are, but oh heavens, you should be. Look at all that you have got and just be thankful. Because of certain people that I know and like from this great island province, and because of a certain group of people from the great land of New Brunswick, that I admit, I have associated with, somehow, not only you, but others as well, have not been able to leave me alone. The constant pestering is so unbelievably tiresome.

I love some people, not many, but some. I would like to believe myself as being open minded, but I have obviously proved myself wrong. I do however, have the ability to hang around with people who have different views than I do. I may not agree with the things that other people do, but I do respect the facts that I have my beliefs and that other people have theirs. As long as our ideals do not clash, I can get along with anybody.

I understand that you were just joking and I don’t really know you well and that that is the way that you always act. But really, I don’t give a fuck. You also don’t know me very well. (If this sounds too harsh I am sorry, it really isn’t supposed to.)

I’m not asking you to take a three hundred and sixty degree turn and totally change. I am only asking for your forgiveness. I love you just the way you are, with the exception of your throat and ears. Just joking. There’s that crazy sense of humour and immaturity again.

I enjoy your company. As annoyed as I may get, I really do enjoy hanging out with you. The things that piss me off are the things that often amuse me.

As for you Taylor, I like you. Keep on whipping it up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home