Friday, March 23, 2001

Hi there!

I went to the Easter Beef Show with Patty-Jo and Sam today. It was fun. I saw a lot of farmers and some steers and some heifers. And I learned some new cow words (i.e. steers and heifers). I now know that there is more than one kind of cow. The show was great, but the highlight of the Steer Show had to be the drunk guy at the end.

We were waiting for Patty-Jo's roomate to pick us up when a drunk man stumbled over to his truck. We didn't know if he was retarded or drunk because we have never seen anyone that unable to walk before. It was kind of scary seeing him walk over to his truck because we weren't sure if he was going to try to drive it or not. But the funny part was when he tried to get in. He opened the door and almost fell getting in, but then he smashed his head with the door while shutting the door. This was kind of scary but only got worse when he fell head first out of the truck. We had all thought that he had knocked himself out cold so Sam and Patty-Jo ran towards the man, who was now lying face first in the Civic Centre parking lot. He was okay but needed help getting up and walking back to the Civic Centre. We then met his friends at the door and one man said that we should've let him drive home anyway. This made us all mad because of all the damage he had already done just trying to get in the truck. So a yellow cab was called and he got in. Hopefully they drove him home instead of leaving him on the road. It was only four-thirty in the afternoon.

I can hardly wait until next year's Easter Beef Show. I'll be nineteen and maybe I can get really drunk off of the free liquor that they serve to the buyers. I am glad that I can count on my friends, Sam and Patty-Jo to pick my drunk ass off the ground when I fall head first out of my own truck. They truely are angels sent by the beef show god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home